A downed power line may not be a dead line. It could cause serious injury or death. If someone is injured by contact with a power line, call 911 and keep others and yourself away until help arrives.
What to do if you lose power:
- Check the fuses or breakers in your home or at the meter pole if you are able to.
a. Any issues from your meter pole to your home are your responsibility. The cooperative is only responsible for fixing the problems from the meter pole to our service lines and beyond.
- Check with your neighbors to see if their power is also off.
- Report your outage by calling 800-776-0517.
- Like our Facebook page to see updates and information on major outages.
The most common causes of outages:
- High winds
- Ice or snow
- Farm equipment or vehicle contact with power lines or poles
- Trees or branches